- Rachel Tu, Founder & Owner of Food Flow Thought
- I’m Rachel, a Registered Dietitian trained at the University of Alberta. I have a Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Nutrition and Food Science with a specialization in dietetics and minor in physical activity. I have been practicing since 2013 and am registered with the College of Dietitian of Alberta.
- I am also am a Certified Intuitive Eating Counselor and Yoga Teacher with 500 hrs of teacher training. I teach from a weight inclusive approach and am a non-diet dietitian. I am on a mission to dispel nutrition misconceptions and be a part of changing diet culture.
- As a new mother I understand the overwhelming stress and demands in trying to stay healthy on a busy schedule. With so many expectations to eat healthy, exercise, work, balance life, I help teach simple mindfulness practices to keep you from feeling guilty about eating and your body.
- I teach habit changes through a value based approach and integrate yoga philosophy. My goal is to help you become the expert in your life to develop a healthy relationship with your food and body.
- I specialize in:
– Intuitive Eating & Improving Food Relationships (eg. emotional eating)
– Earing Disorders (binge eating, restricted eating)
– Body Image Healing
- I invite you to this community to learn more about your relationship with food, your body, values, and habits.
- Eating Disorders & Gut Health: Online Training (2019)
- Acceptance Commitment Therapy: 8 weeks Online Program with Russ Harris (2018)
- Nutrition Counseling for Eating Disorders: A 5 – Part Online Training (2018)
- Body Image Workshop with Fiona Sutherland, RD and Marci Evans, RD (2018)
- ME-CL1: Mindful Eating- Conscious Living: A foundational Professional Training with Fr. Jan Chozen-Bays and Char Wilkins, MSW (2017)
- EDSNA Eating Disorder Symposium for Healthcare Professionals & – University of Alberta (2017)
- Mindfulness Counselling Strategies- Activating Compassion and Regulations with the Crisis & Trauma Resource Institute (2016)
- Intuitive Eating Professional Skills TeleSeminar Training (2016)
- EDSNA National Eating Disorder Awareness Week Panel (2016)
- Craving Change TM Professional Training Workshop and Certification Exam (2015)
Yoga Training – 500hrs ++
- Mamata Yoga (2019-2020)
- Prenatal Yoga
- Empowered Yoga (2018-2019)
- Trauma-Sensitive Yoga
- Yoga Nidra
- Fascia/ Myofascial release
- Yoga Prehab & Biomechanics
- Yogalife Studios (2016)