- Rachel Tu, Founder & Owner of Food Flow Thought
- I’m Rachel, a Registered Dietitian trained at the University of Alberta. I have a Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Nutrition and Food Science with a specialization in dietetics and minor in physical activity. I have been practicing since 2013 and am registered with the College of Dietitian of Alberta.
- I am also am a Certified Intuitive Eating Counselor and Yoga Teacher with 500 hrs of teacher training. I teach from a weight inclusive approach and am a non-diet dietitian. I am on a mission to dispel nutrition misconceptions and be a part of changing diet culture.
- I teach habit changes through a value based approach and integrate yoga philosophy. My goal is to help you become the expert in your life to develop a healthy relationship with your food and body.
- I specialize in:
– Intuitive Eating & Improving Food Relationships (eg. emotional eating)
– Earing Disorders (binge eating, restrictive eating)
– Body Image Healing
– Digestive health support
– Chronic disease management (diabetes, cholesterol, etc)
- I invite you to this community to learn more about your relationship with food, your body, values, and habits
3 Fun Facts About Rachel:
1. Rachel loves to learn, she identifies as a lifetime student. Her values in life include growth, adventure, balance, and love. Her current adventure is being a new mom.
2. Believe it or not Rachel is a social & thinking introvert. She needs to recharge with some alone time. Rachel practices yoga as a way to reset & reconnect to her own needs.
3. Rachel’s favorite pandemic activities have been: coffee, Netflix, baby cuddles, couponing and nature walks.
- Yoga for Eating Disorder Mentorship (2021)
- Somatic Nutrition (2021)
- Eating Disorders & Gut Health: Online Training (2019)
- Acceptance Commitment Therapy: 8 weeks Online Program with Russ Harris (2018)
- Nutrition Counseling for Eating Disorders: A 5 – Part Online Training (2018)
- Body Image Workshop with Fiona Sutherland, RD and Marci Evans, RD (2018)
- ME-CL1: Mindful Eating- Conscious Living: A foundational Professional Training with Fr. Jan Chozen-Bays and Char Wilkins, MSW (2017)
- EDSNA Eating Disorder Symposium for Healthcare Professionals & – University of Alberta (2017)
- Mindfulness Counselling Strategies- Activating Compassion and Regulations with the Crisis & Trauma Resource Institute (2016)
- Intuitive Eating Professional Skills TeleSeminar Training (2016)
- EDSNA National Eating Disorder Awareness Week Panel (2016)
- Craving Change TM Professional Training Workshop and Certification Exam (2015)
Yoga Training – 500hrs ++
- Mamata Yoga (2019-2020)
- Prenatal Yoga
- Empowered Yoga (2018-2019)
- Trauma-Sensitive Yoga
- Yoga Nidra
- Fascia/ Myofascial release
- Yoga Prehab & Biomechanics
- Yogalife Studios (2016)