Pickled Daikon & Carrots
Delicious side dish for any meal. Typically used in vermicilli bowls and vietnamese sandwiches.
Servings: 10 Servings
- Sterile Jar
- Large Bowl
- 1/2 lb 227g or 3-4 large carrots
- 1/2 lb 227g or 1 medium daikon radish
- 4 cups warm water
- 3 TBSP sugar
- 2 TBSP salt
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup distilled white vinegar or rice vinegar
- Julienne or cut daikon radish and carrots into thin match-like strips.
- In a large bowl mix warm water, vinegar, sugar and salt until everything is dissolved. Start with 1/2 cup of vinegar and taste the mixture (If you like it more tangy/vinegary, add more vinegar).
- Place carrots and daikon in a clean, sterile jar.
- Fill with vinegar mixture until carrots and daikon are completely covered in liquid.
- Cover jars and set in the refrigerator to pickle for at least overnight.
- Pickle for 1-3 days to your desired preference (the longer time the more flavourful, pungent and sour)
- Pour vinegar mixture out when ready. Pickles will last for 3 weeks in the refrigerator.
Add a Comment