Whole Wheat Tortilla Shells
Taco nights are great when you have left over ingredients but what if you don't have any tortillas?This recipe is simple to whip up!
Yield: 12 Tortillas
- Mixing Bowl
- Measurement spoons & cups
- Rolling Pin or Bottle
- Frying Pan
- 3 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/3 Cup Hot Water (less or more as needed)
- Combine flour, salt, baking powder in a large mixing bowl.
- Add oil and mix with your hand until the dough is crumbly.
- Add water until the dough forms a ball.
- Cover dough in plastic wrap and rest for 30 minutes.
- Cut dough into 12 even pieces (large shells).
- Coat dough and surface with some flour and roll each piece thinly into a flat round tortilla.
- Heat a dry non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Cook each tortilla on one side until it browns & blister. Turn over and heat the second side until brown.
- Stack on a plate (best served warm